Friday, December 21, 2007

Not much

Fairly uneventfulness. Last night didn't have the conference call, and I completely forgot about the weekly group meeting at midnight (but would have chosen to miss it anyways). But I did get a phone call from the manager a couple hours after going to bed, can't really remember what we talked about cause I was still asleep. Heh I remember at first I had no idea what was going on, I thought I somehow had set an alarm on the phone, then I heard someone saying hello, so I then thought I accidentally phoned someone, so I hung up on him right away and he had to call again!

Still felt drained and didn't feel like doing anything. But once I got out of the hotel, felt a bit better. Bought some shorts, t-shirt and underwear to survive a couple more days, though luggage was still MIA. Walked up a hill with some coworkers, was nice with a bit of foresty area. And got them to keep walking, after all, didn't have much we needed to rush back for. After a rest back at the hotel, finished off the shopping. Started feeling grumpy about luggage again, but checked the online missing luggage site and noticed the status had changed to "item located pending confirmation" instead of "search continues" or whatever it said before, so that is encouraging.

Plane's supposed to arrive tomorrow, but we still won't get our work permits till monday probably.

Our flights require a local observer on board, and they're not used to working weekends or holidays (whereas we are of course). We'll see what happens, it would be bad for the company but nice for us workers if they won't work and won't let us work without them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home