Thursday, December 20, 2007

LAXative gives you the runs

Over an hour late, we left Calgary.

Pilot made up time on the way to LAX. But since there had been some 'medical emergency' about 10 minutes after we had taken off, we waited for paramedics to take them off the plane after we landed. Running around LAX felt familiar. During the flight I'd been pretty confident I'd miss the connection, but there was enough time. Malaysia airlines area of the airport seemed really disorganized. But the guy gave me boarding passes all the way to KK, and said he'd retag my bags so I don't have to pick them up and drop them again in taipei. Hope he's successful. Realised He took my baggage tag and didn't give me a new one.

Got the "sierra" (special extra thorough screening) treatment again. Got to the gate. Noone had boarded yet. And a pretty small area. With another international flight at the gate right beside it. Two 747s together hold about 1000 passengers? I found a place away from the main crowd. Still no internet here though.

I believe the RO is on this flight too. I could look around for him. But I've never seen him before.

My itinerary says this is 14.5 hours with no meal. That would suck. I don't believe that. Also noticed the boarding pass says only one carry on, 5 kg max. I think my laptop and my small backpack exceed that. I don't believe that either.

My seat is column F. If the seats are 3-5-3, that would make F the worst possible. Since I was one of the last to check in, that makes sense. But hopefully it's incorrect.

Wish the airport had wireless. I could use skype to talk to someone.

Looks like people have started to move, maybe my flights boarding. "boarding time" was 1.5 hrs ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home