Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another transfer and flight

Got on the plane. Turned out the seat was not too bad. It was 3-4-3 so I was one away from the aisle. But it was the front seat of a section, so no seat in front of me, so no storage, an awkward arm rest table (which I think explains why the seat felt so tight, I didn't think my butt was that large), and can't stick legs under the seat in front of you. As usual, after a while of sitting, I got up and wandered around, settling at the back of the plane. And got to talking to a stewardess. Quite nice to talk to. Most of the passengers were sleeping by this time, so she wasn't too busy. Made the trip more pleasant. Almost got her in trouble from a supervisor by sitting in the stewardess seat. Just as we relocated to the galley, turbulence started so I had to go back to my proper seat.

Tried to rest a while. Then got up and wandered again. Found a different stewardess cause shifts had changed, chatted a while while she prepared stuff in the galley. Eventually she had to go do other stuff so I went and sat down again. Is it weird that I do stuff like that? I think I'd be really bored and too uncomfortable to just sit quiet in my seat for 14 hours. Around then, I was happier than I'd been all day.

Got off the plane, sure I was going to miss this connection. Only had 10 minutes. But someone had a sign with my name on it (and my coworker's name who was somewhere on the same flight) and they sent me on a short cut and got on board with plenty of time. Eventually my coworker showed up, it was obvious it was him so I introduced myself.

Interestingly, as soon as I got off the plane in Taipei, it smelled like asia. I don't know how else to describe it, it wasn't bad or good or smell of food or anything, it was just a smell which reminded me of asia.

Pretty uneventful flight. Nowhere really to go hang out on the smaller plane. Passengers beside me were not talkative (probably not enough english knowledge). Talked with a stewardess as she was stuck behind a meal cart, turns out she has a friend who did engg at U of C. Too bad she's continuing on from KK, not staying a few nights, we could have hung out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home