Thursday, December 20, 2007

On my way

Considering I seem to like traveling, and have a job that involves traveling, kindof strange that I get so grumpy and stressed when it comes time to go somewhere.

Besides missing someone.

On the way there, realised I'd forgotten the small christmas gift I was going to open on christmas day that my mom thought I'd make use of.

At the airport, stood in line for over an hour to check in. The line wasn't very long, but air canada only had two people (besides the one or two who just walked around and didn't really do anything). I couldn't use the self service booths like I used to always do, cause these days (last time and this time) it doesn't work for me, and the check in clerk has to make some phone call and chat a long time before they can do anything. Don't know why that is.

Ok, so it's too late to go out to have a decent meal with the family, I guess it's crappy Harvey's at the airport. But no, now that I've checked in to go to the US, there's no turning back. Go to customs go directly to customs do not pass harveys do not collect chicken sandwich for passing harveys. For anywhere else, you can drop off your checked luggage and then go do whatever, but since the US is a 'special needs' child, can't do that. But, we were able to stand just outside the customs door and send dad to go get Harveys and bring it back and stand there eating our crappy harveys and finally go in.

I just have one boarding pass. I'll have to get the boarding pass for the next leg of the trip in Los Angeles. And then, because whoever set up my ticket didn't have it all on one ticket or something, my luggage only goes as far as Taipei, where I'll have to pick it up and check in again. It's not even with a different airline.

In the calgary airport, I can't get to my gate to go to LA, it's past another restricted access security door. Not sure why. At least there are lots of other people standing around. Through some glass I can see my gate. The sign shows my destination and flight number, but the time is different. Maybe my flight's been delayed. An announcement might be nice. There's no internet here, so I'm just typing in notepad to post later.

Wonder if I'll make the connection in LAX. Chris and I missed it on the way home from costa rica cause of the long customs lines. As mentioned, would've been so much nicer to go Cathay via vancouver, would've avoided the hassle that's always associated with the USA, and had shorter flights. And likely prettier stewardesses. Ok trying to make a joke at least. Maybe it was more expensive, but more likely our american travel agent didn't think about those things. I'll be sure to email some comments.

What a happy start to the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home