Sunday, December 09, 2007

Radar operator

One not so cool part of the evening was realizing that when I read the job safety plan earlier and saw the crew list, there was Sensor Support Technician: Scott, Radar Operator #1: Matt, Radar Operator #2: N/A. I'm pretty sure there will be two flights a night, on a King Air they're like 6 hrs each. The system isn't going fully automated till Jan 15, about the end of my rotation. Meaning I get to be a radar operator, sitting bored in the plane for several hours a night. Thought I was done with that, other than for testing things and training people. Pretty bummed out about that. Will still have whatever sensor support issues there are, hopefully not much, though with weather and maintenance here this last little while, some upgrades will not have had much testing before the plane is in sabah. And at the beginning I'll be training the other radar operator and pilots, so I'll probably spend the first few days spending 12 or more hours sitting in the plane. Don't want to complain, but might ask management to put another radar operator with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home