Saturday, December 01, 2007

Malaysia

Happened to be in the manager's office when a field personnel coordinator type person called to discuss scheduling. Won't bother with the details, but I ended up with the opportunity to go to Sabah. I'd already been telling people I wished I was the one going there, and then suddenly the opportunity is there! And suddenly I wasn't so sure. And they weren't telling me I had to. Mainly because it'd be about Dec 17 to mid-january, meaning the whole christmas and new years time not here. Not only just christmas dinner, but I seem to see so many more people at this time of year. And I recently "rediscovered" another reason I want to stay. But, decided the opportunity was too good to pass up. Also, if things are scheduled as fairly as they'd like, the people who have to work christmas will alternate year to year, so this would mean I should have next year off, provided I'm still doing this job. Lastly, if I did stay, there's a small chance I would get forced to work christmas anyways and it'd be in the US, which would be the worst of both worlds.

So yeah, pretty excited about that, but of course it may not happen, things are not set in stone and even when they are, they aren't :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home