Saturday, December 01, 2007

The walk to work

Was in the office this whole past week. A different side of the office than before, I kindof miss my old location, but it's probably better to be where I am now. A couple days I was the only person from my group there, was a little weird. Work in the office was ok and fairly normal.

Walking across the river, watched the almost slushiness of the ice flowing on the waters surface, while solid ice rested below. Of course, thought about how if I were to jump/fall off the bridge, I would surely die. Even to be put down gently in the centre of the river would mean death, there would be such instant agony from the frigid water. I thought how if I was placed on a tiny island in the centre of the river, my best hope would probably to wait there a couple weeks though starving and hope the river started to freeze over. Actually, perhaps I could make it to shore. Just try totally pump myself up, tingly with adrenaline, pretty much close my eyes and start running. I even started wanting to try it. I wonder if I could actually make it. Unfortunately, it's not the sort of thing you can just go try. And even if it met with success it would likely include major tissue damage. Anyways, that's the sort of odd thoughts that go through my head.

Been wearing my electric blue long johns to avoid legs freezing on the walk. The rest of me is warm enough, except exposed skin. I see people still jogging (for exercise, not just to reach the next warm place faster) or riding their bike, I can't imagine doing that.

My hair appears to be more resistant to becoming hat-hair than I think it used to. Interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home