Thursday, December 27, 2007

Massage

I've never got a real massage before, but I found myself with a spare hour yesterday and coworkers had been talking about this one place, so I decided to check it out. Only like $20 for an hour anyways, might as well give it a try. Though I had some reservations about letting a dude rub his hands all over me. It was pretty intense though. Used the full arsenal of fingertips, knuckles, elbows, forearms etc. Sometimes he'd have climbed on the table and you felt his knees lift off as he put his entire weight onto a few knuckles into your back. Was kindof painful, but on the back I could handle it just fine. But when he went to work on the shoulders and the neck, wow, I almost cried. I honestly can not remember the last time I felt that much pain. But I was stubborn, and did not make a sound. Though having never had a massage before, I have to wonder, is that a good thing? I've heard it's supposed to... I think... Anyways I was essentially in a daze for quite a while afterwards, I'm glad they give you a cup of hot green tea to sit and recover before going out onto the street.

So sore back that night and the next day, forgot to look to see if it's all bruised.
(Just looked, there is markings, like internal scraping)

They have several different treatments, maybe I will cycle through them (even the odd ones like "cupping" or "body scraping") if I have time. $6 for 1 hr foot reflexology dealy sounds not bad at all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should definitely do a foot massage they are killer

12:08 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't live without my massage every two weeks. My body would not even be moving without it.

Especially if you are very active, it is totally worth it!

If you are interested, Laureen may be taking new clients.

Carol

8:55 a.m.  
Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Yeah, a good massage should totally ruin you. I'm now doing active release therapy for my carpal tunnel and this is a whole new meaning for torture. Hopefully it saves me from going for surgery though.

2:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Jason was actually quite good at giving back massages. :)

8:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home