Sunday, November 11, 2007

Many evenings with G&E

Four to be precise.

Thursday there was some movie and talks related to Burma. But we all showed up late and didn't really get much out of it. Oh well. It was nice to see them after being away a while.

Friday Evelyn had invited me to dancing at VRRI. Even used Jen as 'bait' as she has done in the past :), but that probably won't work anymore, we barely even danced and when we did she wasn't really dancing with me anyways. Hadn't danced for close to a year, and barely danced for a long time before that... I essentially didn't recognize anyone when I showed up. Geoff was the only one from my 'original' dance group who was there. Melissa was also there, I think I met her pretty early in my dancing days, it was good dancing with her cause she could follow whatever I lead. Boun showed up. Cora and Tim also appeared, though I kindof stopped talking to Cora some years ago. Miss those times though, I had extraordinary amounts of fun together, and thought I had a real friend. Oh well, long overdue to drop any negative feelings left over, but memories will always be around. Lets see, Mike from dragonboat was there. Henry also showed up to the dance just as we were about to leave, he's one of my 'original' dance friends too.

Saturday, helped Evelyn with some True Vision Ghana stuff, just simple stuff like powerpoint slides, photos and info about TVG and Aids, etc. Got dinner out of it. Played some Wallace and Gromit, and saw some of Geoff playing WoW (looks addictive!).

Sunday was dragonboat wrap-up dinner, yes, several weeks after dragonboat ended. Was weird seeing so many familiar faces again who you're with a few times a week for the whole summer then suddenly don't see at all for so long. Was good to see her again, or, maybe it wasn't, I'm not sure. There were some people I felt bad to have forgotten their name. And tried to continue a topic of conversation with someone then later realised that topic had been with someone else! I stuck around till everyone left, it was kindof sad how quickly everyone cleared out after dinner and presentations ended. Just like at most events I suppose. I like hanging out with people, have lots of fun with them but am not really close enough to get together outside of dragonboat, don't get much response if I do try to organize something. But there are a few official things happening that a few people go to that I can tag along to.

So, haven't reached the 'bored with my time off' stage yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home