Sunday, November 04, 2007

Happy day

After a morning meeting, there wasn't a lot to do (well there's infinite stuff I could be doing, but was nothing critically urgent) so I decided to go to the Japanese gardens in portland. They werer incredibly nice! I was so happy wandering around there, so scenic. And I bet this may be the best time of year too, there is still a lot of green dominating, but there are also many areas of yellow and some reds. And the weather was perfect. It's nice being somewhere that actually has an autumn. There was a guided tour, but I didn't know about it till it was almost done, but I kindof listened in on it a bit, the lady seemed very nice and motherly sounding and was a good guide, would've liked to hear her talk about all the parts of the gardens. Afterwards, wandered around some paths on the foresty hill, I think it's part of a large area called washington park. I had a big smile on my face, it's nice to be outdoors, in the forest with ideal weather. There were some people around, but not so many that it was unpleasant. Wasn't sure where the forest paths lead so eventually returned along a road to the gardens. The rose gardens, right by the japanese gardens, were pretty nice, though blooming was mostly over. But they were still nicely laid out. There's a big amphitheatre which reminded me of watching a play with Steph in High Park in Toronto, though I think that one was better than this one, more buried in the park. I would have loved to just hang out around that area more, but had to return to dinner and work. At least Daniel is here from the Calgary office so there's someone good to have dinner with.

After the flight, the previous night and last night, there was a friendly looking girl at the front desk, so I stayed up and chatted for quite a while both evenings. Probably nice for her, someone to chat with for part of the boring night shift, and nice for me, I haven't chatted much for a few weeks and it's mostly guys talking like guys. I prefer to have a nicer conversation with a girl.

Not sure what's up today, don't know if I need to go on tonights flight. Kindof want to, kindof don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home