Saturday, November 03, 2007

Home soon

I'd happened to drive through an area that must be the vietnamese part of Portland, so I went back there to eat. The restaurant I had been at previously barely qualified. This one I had a big smile at, there was vietnamese music playing, the food was good, and there was green tea! I haven't had green tea for a month! Yeah, I shouldn't be that excited, but I was.

Unfortunately this is what I did before on a long trip, as I was preparing to return from Africa, I was so looking forward to eating certain types of food back in Canada that I hadn't had my whole time away. But then I stopped in Dubai on the way home and spoiled myself, so there wasn't much to look forward to upon returning home.

Actually, that's how it is right now. I'm returning home pretty soon (schedule seems to have changed) but I'm not particularly looking forward to it. Partly I'm used to being in hotels where everything's done for you, and eating in restaurants almost every meal. Partly the weather's nicer here. But partly there just isn't that much in Calgary to look forward to, especially in winter. It's home, and will probably always feel like home, but a kindof empty home. My close friends aren't even in Calgary except for Evelyn.

I've noticed I don't like change. And yet, I'm often bored and want change. Also, I adapt very quickly to changes. Ummm not sure where that thought is going.

Last night something was still on the stove when I went for my flight, and I only realised when I entered my room 6.5 hours later and it smelled very burny. I'm so glad nothing terrible happened. Actually it was on medium-low heat, cause when I put it on I thought "I'm an idiot and might forget this, better not put it on high."

Maybe today I'll get to go to the Japanese gardens and rose gardens that I've been trying to go to for the past 3 or 4 days but keep having a bunch of work to do instead. Wasn't sure if I should ask to stay a day or two after my work rotation ends, to do things around ere, haven't really figured out what there is to do around here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Hi Scott, good to hear that you'll be back in Calgary soon. We'll have to do a dim sum for sure. If you're super bored when you get back I could always use your help with TVG. There's so much going on right now and we're adding a bunch of people to the board of directors!

9:18 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home