Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween

Yesterday, took a walk down memory lane. Wandered around downtown portland... saw some things I still remembered, saw some things that made me remember things I forgot. Was kindof lonely though. And kindof cold. Then decided to look for a vietnamese restaurant. Asked people on the streets, noone knew of one. Asked a hotel, got directions to a couple, walked towards one. Walked the wrong way, first, eventually got to the location. It wasn't there. Asked people, noone knew. Asked a hotel, got a different location for the same restaurant. Walked there. It wasn't there. Asked some more people. Got directions again, walked there, it wasn't there. Then, walking a block over, finally found it. And then, it wasn't really that good. Oh well. Wandered to the riverfront and along there a while, way later than I should have. Was tired and wanted to go home, but after walking all over the place for hours, I didn't know where the car was. Somewhere in downtown. Somewhere within a couple blocks of a building with a fish on it. Which was somewhere on Salmon ave. So I found the ave, found the building, then walked around hitting the lock button on the car remote until I heard the car beep. Well, it's not even really a car, it's a chevy HHR, it's an incredibly ugly thing that I'm embarrassed to be seen in. Maybe that's why gorgeous snubbed me, maybe saw me in that vehicle. But I guess it's good for what it was rented for, carrying loads of crap (no I didn't mean to metaphorically refer to hauling me around, though it seems to do that too).

This morning, our flight got diverted to Yakima. Nothing too exciting. Got back and briefly saw gorgeous again then she was stuck in my head all day. Tomorrow's flight's cancelled then I'm switching back to evening shift so probably won't see her anymore. Realised I was stupidly obsessing but couldn't help it. If you could've seen her smile though...

This evening, it's halloween, with no 4AM wakeup tomorrow, I joked that we should all (8 or 9 of us) wear our pilot and flight crew uniforms and go out trick or treating. I think it would look pretty funny actually. Other people didn't seem so into the idea. Would have been nice to somehow go out and be around people having fun on halloween, like that time I was in montreal for a couple days happened to include halloween and the bus and subway rides and just walking around downtown were fun cause of all the people out and about having fun. Oh well. As far as the stores are concerned, a few more hours and it'll be christmas season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home