Saturday, October 27, 2007

Other intermap thoughts

Looking at the city lights from above at night is pretty nice actually. Too bad I can't get a good picture as it requires long exposure and the pilots won't stop the plane for me. But flying near Denver, I kindof wish I could see it during the day. Back on internship this area was the main chunk of data we were playing with, and it's appeared on lots of brochures and backgrounds since then. Would be neat to see it in person. Jayanti and I used to joke about checking it out someday since we'd spent so much time with it on the computer.

That brings up another interesting thought... During internship, Jayanti and I both were pretty bored and didn't really like it a whole lot. Who'd have thought that it'd end up having such a huge impact on our lives?! Jayanti ended up doing masters in radar related stuff, worked a little back at intermap, then off to Germany for a PhD in radar stuff. Meanwhile I've ended up working Intermap though in a pretty different role. Without that internship which we didn't think that highly of, both our lives would have gone in completely different directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home