Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hotels, cars, stats

Some brief reviews:

Hotels:

Doubletree, Grand Junction. Very nice. Two double beds with 5 pillows each, as chris said if I brought home 10 women, I'd have to call the front desk and say "one pillow please". Went to the pool every time I could (3 times). Wireless internet. No microwave. Pay for breakfast.
La Quinta, Pueblo. Pretty nice, just one bed with 3 pillows. Weird shaped desk, no wireless internet made things a real pain, and it was quite slow. Main pool was cold and hot tub part was closed for health reasons. Decent breakfast (waffles!) included.
Residence Inn, Portland. Like a new condo, very nice, kitchenette, tables, sofa, separate bedroom/bathroom. One bed with 5 pillows. Quality wireless. Jumped in the pool (hot tub only) my last day so I could say I did. Good breakfast with good variety included, and "happy hour" with some food and pop/beer/wine included (I rarely attended).

Rental Cars:

Ford Mustang: Sounds sporty, but isn't really. Feels like a big-ish car but with no trunk space and very poor visibility. Good TCAS (inside joke).
Ford Taurus: Awful boat, even heaves in the turns like a boat, I was uncomfortable doing switchbacks on one road. Cheesy interior styling. Crazy panic seatbelt warning chime.
Hyundai Elantra: Weak, but my fav cause it's a small car, feels so much better.
Chevy HHR: Aka Uglymobile, I was embarrassed to be seen with it. Awful styling but you can pile a lot of crap in it. And has some power. Had to move to peer around the centre mirror.
Camry: A really great car, very refined. If I was about 20 yrs older I'd totally consider getting one.

Misc stats:

Number of hours logged in October: 362 (two mon-fri 8-5 jobs in oct combined = 368)
Number of restaurant meals in October: approx 90-93 (aka every single meal)
Number of times doing any exercise: about 5, lots of walking but started getting weird aches and pains from lack of real physical activity
Number of lbs gained/lost: gained ~5 lbs, not bad considering
Number of times I turned on the TV in my room: 0
Number of times getting laid: 0 (someone kept jokingly asking... though for some of those field guys it's probably not a joke)
Number of 'rewards' programs signed up for: 7 I think
Number of people I actually disliked: 2 / ~10 (sad considering it's been about 0 / ~40 or more in the office over a couple years)
I dunno, any other interesting stats?

Cell phone calls/texts were invaluable for work, have yet to see if it will have much usefulness outside of work. Skype is working well for calling people (US$30/year from north america to phones within north america... make sure you pay in US$, dumbasses want $35 if you use canadian).

Still sorting some photos, will post soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home