Thursday, December 14, 2006

Cowboys and Endians

As I stood in the kitchen tonight, deciding what I wanted for dinner, I suddenly felt like having some corn on the cob! As it was defrosting in the microwave, I was pondering the age-old question of whether corn is a vegetable or a grain. Suddenly I noticed that there were corn cobs in the compost bucket, meaning my parents had also had corn on the cob for dinner! Was this coincidence? Or some sort of psychic link? Or is it possible that I saw the compost bin previously without noticing it, but my subconcious noticed it, and had the idea ready when I needed it? Subconcious is pretty crazy sometimes.

With my corn I had some scrambled eggs. I used to be a little-endian (I don't mean I need to be byte-swapped, I mean the original definition). But I'm not a very dedicated one, and have recently tried being a big-endian. At first it was great! Everything seemed to work so much better. But as time has passed, it quickly lost its glory. I'm starting to feel that big- and little-endianness are essentially equal.

And now for some leftover ice cream cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home