Saturday, November 25, 2006

tap tap

Squash again this week with Carmen and HKSA people... though it actually wasn't many of the same people as last week, I think just Me, Carmen, and Kelvin (I had so much trouble remembering his name for some reason!). But I got to meet a few new people. Carmen didn't feel well for squash unfortunately :( Afterwards, went to Peking Garden for dinner. For some reason we ordered some dinner for 10, which means enough food to make 10 people completely over-stuffed, even though we only had 9 people. So there was lots left over, and it was kindof expensive. The quality was ok. At one point I mentioned something about I should have been tapping the table when receiving tea, but Carmen had never heard of it. Neither had Danny, or Lena or Stacy. Some actually thought it seemed rude! I couldn't believe it, I was under the impression that this was such a common thing, I've seen so many chinese people do it before, but here is a group of HKSA people and noone knows about it. Am I imagining things? But then I asked Kelvin, and he knew about it, so I guess I'm not crazy. Or maybe we're both crazy. Whatever. Later, met with a couple other people (Evelyn and Ray) and went to bubble tea, though Carmen, Kelvin and I didn't really want any. Though the other people had this super spicy snail thing, and for $5 Kelvin drank the super spicy sauce that remained! Crazy but funny.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know about the tapping thing, though I don't think I ever saw people doing it in the 3 months I was in China. Then again, I always ate a ghetto places

Andrew

6:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home