Friday, December 01, 2006

Paper

Carmen made a joke about the Campus Security alert without even realising it, so I'll post it here and maybe embarrass her a bit :P

"Exposing his genitals?! That's nuts!"

Job update: the UTEC (houston) offer has been officially turned down. The employer understands and likely the offer would stand for a future date. Good to know no bridges were burnt, they're not offended that I lead them on for a while for eventually nothing. Maybe I should have taken them up on their offer to fly me down for a second interview though, free little trip! :)

So I'll be in calgary a while, we'll see how that goes. My supervisor here is pretty happy about it, and still suggests I try to become a full time employee. Guess I'm still some kind of master of deception. I think I should make myself look into other jobs around here too, supposedly the market's so hot that I'd be in high demand because of my piece of paper even if I'm incompetent.

Another person at the office knows about me and Carmen. Jason knows cause he's Carmen's close friend's boyfriend. Charles knows cause he saw us holding hands in the plus 15s. Today Li also saw us, and so her husband Hao will know too. A few other people probably suspect. I dunno, it's kindof weird, I don't really like people at work to know. But oh well it doesn't really matter. And I guess people will see at the christmas party anyways.

I need to think/act faster. There have been a few times where doing so would have been really cool. A while back I was heading from my office to the washroom and Jon was at reception asking for a box, "preferably a big one", and if I had acted as I thought "Jon likes big box and he cannot lie, no other brother can deny!" it would have been hilarious! But I hesitated then it was too late. Or, at a chinese restaurant the waitress asked in chinese if we wanted separate bills and I responded yeah we should, and she said "oh you understand chinese?!" and I could've said "Hai! Ngoh sik gong jung man!" (yeah not quite right, but enough to have been funny). Or, today as I was in line to buy a bus pass, someone ahead of me was returning one I think and they were going to charge a $14 service fee and I should have said "Wait! I'll just buy it from you!" but again I hesitated. So, going to try to be more spontaneous. Of course, eliminating the "think before you act" could definitely have some downsides too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Silvenwolf said...

I wasn't aware you were seeing someone, but I'm happy that you have found someone and is happy with her. :)

7:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home