Monday, May 25, 2009

Exercise

I think it was on "Daily Planet" I saw it... We know that running a marathon is tough on the body, but now some researchers used MRI to check out a runner's heart before and after a marathon. After running those 42.2km, the runners heart was all bloated and deformed, it was kindof scary to see really (especially for the runner I'm sure!). The good news of the situation was that when scanned again a week later, the heart had returned to a regular form. Nonetheless, I don't think I want to put my heart through that (not that I think I ever actually _could_).

Still, I've been trying to exercise, though last week's dismal weather put a damper on that. On the weekend I went for a bike ride, first through price's island to check out the people enjoying the summer day, then up to edworthy. Ran around the hillside trails there, since being there reminded me of the SoF days. Cant believe that was 3 yrs ago already. Kindof miss it, but can't really go back. And of course memories make things seem nicer than they were at the time. :) The sad thought that comes from it is that with that and all the other activities I did that summer, for four straight months I averaged over 2hr physical activity per day, yet did not noticeably get fitter. If that couldn't do it, what would it take? A bit discouraging.

Nonetheless, today I still went running, along mchugh bluff and doing the stairs above prince's island. Bad timing, it was lunch time and crowded with people. Good timing, some of those people were hot. See I'm trying to be positive. Ran around a bit more and did some other exercises.

And yesterday was a hike. Just a short one but a nice one. Though I feel bad to have spent much more time driving than hiking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to wonder what my heart looked like after I fell into the water while outrigging on Sunday. It felt like my breathing totally seized up for a couple of minutes.

Carol

8:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home