Wednesday, May 06, 2009

And another week

Another week (actually more) has passed. And what have I done? I'm not sure actually. While those other weeks were pretty eventful, this one I honestly have trouble remembering what I did. The weather has been poor for aquisition, so I wasn't busy with flights. But also the weather has been poor on the ground, so it hasn't been too pleasant to go out trying to hike, the bike guy is closed for winter, etc. And I guess there's been little nuissancey work things happening preventing any major activity. Hmmm. Went for a drive to a nature area one day, it was nice, but had trouble finding another place, and with cloud and wind and a bit of rain, headed home early. One evening I watched the new X-men movie, I liked it, except for the australian $16.50 price tag, everything's expensive in the land down under. Went to the Cleland wildlife sanctuary for a couple hours one afternoon, it's kindof like a zoo, there were areas where you can walk around with the wallabies and kangaroos and emus (yeah emus are too much like ostriches and scare me), and get to pet a koala after lining up for a long time. Of course you know I like zoos, so I liked that place. Hmm otherwise not much to report for that week, but the time went away.

This final week started fairly well, I went kayaking in a dolphin sanctuary! Just one other person out. The dolphins generally didn't come too close and you're not allowed to approach them, but was cool to see. And at one point one actually did sneak up behind me while I was watching some farther away. Just spun around in time to see him disappear. Then watched, waiting, and suddenly heard him back on the other side again! Went down a mangrove lined stream which semed to go on forever, but it was so nice I decided to use up my time following it to the end rather than return to the main area to see some shipwrecks. Some of the branches were so low I had to do some yoga back bend in my kayak (or would saying do a Neo dodging bullets move sound cooler) to make it under them. At one point I made some mistake though, in a slightly more open area I started going too fast and didn't slow down in time or turn sharply enough, and got up close and personal with some mangrove branches. Almost swamped the kayak, like within a few degrees, and my hand met with a barnacle covered branch and got fairly torn up. But, I was okay, and blood rinses off kayaks and paddles easily. The stream became impassable shortly after that, so I headed back. Had considered staying out an extra hour, but was getting tired anyways. Overall it was awesome, so glad I got a chance to do that finally.

Otherwise, not sure what I'm up to for the rest of the week. Preparing to move out I guess. Still don't know what I'll do or where I'll go. Stresses me... Since I don't much enjoy doing many things by myself, but I feel like it's such a waste if I don't do something with this opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home