Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year

Happy new years everyone!

I didn't get the afternoon nap I'd hoped for, so I was already quite tired with a 4am wake up looming ahead. But I wanted to try for midnight anyways. Our whole crew decided to go for dinner at a german restaurant that people had been talking about the whole time for some reason. It was good, but way too much meat. Though one guy demolished his plate, over half of another guy's plate, some bits and pieces, a couple beers and a wine and a dessert and some more dessert, it was amazing (and frightening) to see.

Back to the hotel and a bit more work. A few people went to the lounge right away, so the few of us who didn't went down after a short while to join them. But they were gone cause it kindof sucked there. But we found a cigar room which was quieter and comfier and noone else there and a TV if we wanted. So the others came back and joined us. I had been considering going to the Hyatt where the band I've mentioned plays, but everyone else was just hanging out there so I stayed with them. Hyatt was probably too full to enter anyways. So we hung out and chat, a couple people were stinky and had cigars. Watched some cars on tv (the cartoon that is) then some x-men. Someone got some champagne so when midnight finally came, I had a mouthful of that disgusting stuff, just for the sake of it. Actually the guy who ordered it also finds it disgusting, which makes it surprising he spent $100 for it. I guess he's big on tradition ad wanted to keep the occasion somehow 'special'. So that was that, a little while later we all retired to our rooms.

Worried that I already started self-sabotaging though. Had invited someone we work with at the airport to join us for dinner. Said she'd message me after work, but didn't, guess I felt kindof 'betrayed'. I messaged her later to make sure it wasn't cause something bad had happened, but things were fine. Later when I was in the cigar lounge with workmates she messaged that they were going to the Hyatt, which was where I had already been thinking of going. I waited a bit and told her it was too late (cause it was getting close to midnight). But I'm concerned, was the reason I didn't go because when I asked her to come she didn't so now that she asked me to come I wouldn't? Or was it because I wanted to just spend it with my workmates who are kindof like a mix between friends and family out in the field. I really hope it wasn't the first reason. Hope I didn't start 2008 being a jerk who decided to try to 'punish' a friend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Silvenwolf said...

I don't think so, sometimes we just choose to do the things we do randomly without a real reason.

New Year's in Cph was quite something with all the fireworks and I had a good time (or I hope, considering I was out till really late!).

Happy New Year to you too... and may it bring good things. :)

8:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home