Monday, October 30, 2006

Last few days

Friday I went to dragonboat. Though this time it was a very short paddle, just out to get the boat and bring it back to dock one last time. Still I made sure I was there for the last little bit of dragonboating for the year. Also a chance to hang out with people a bit more since I tend to end up not seeing anyone with the season over. Heh, we ended up standing around a lot waiting for Arnold to show up with a key to the container, or a key to the canoe, or a key to the dragonboat... another somewhat typical dragonboat experience. Afterwards, went to denny's for dinner... it's been so long since I've been there! Used to be one of the places to go late at night after dance. That or Banana Jaks, haven't been there forever either. Mmmmm condensed milk toast and fruity drinks :)

Saturday morning was dim sum. I've still only ever gone to dim sum with temple people or with Geoff and Evelyn (and even then only a couple times each). But I still got to clean up any food left at the end that noone else wanted... I'd generally rather eat stuff despite being completely full than waste it.

Sunday evening went to Diwali Cultural Show with Evelyn. Both were glad we went, it was mostly good. Some parts weren't though (the lengthy speeches part of the evening). But otherwise we enjoyed watching the Indian dances, both traditional and modern. The little kids are quite cute, though I prefer the older people (meaning late teens and 20s) who are more skilled. It made me reminise back to when I first went to a Diwali cultural show with some high school friends almost a decade ago. Back in high school my group of friends was a good mix of browns, chinese, and a few caucasians. But I'm not really in touch with any of them anymore. Everyone scattered across canada for university and we drifted apart. It's too bad, it was a good group of people. And I was a good guy back then too. Oh well that was then, this is now, and all that's left is what is to come.

Unrelated (honest!), how funny do you think it would be to have one of these. Now if only I can find a bobble-head version :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Thanks for inviting me to the Divali Show. It was a lot of fun! Especially since "Dim Jinning" showed up too! hehe :)

2:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home