Sunday, March 19, 2006

I can't believe it

I prepared this post, but left it in draft mode:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moved Out

I don't feel particularly excited about it, or really even that happy. Some of the time I've been so desperate to move out, partly because of all the cigarette smoke from my parents, partly because it feels kindof lame to be a 26 year old guy living with his parents. But then some of the time, i really don't feel too inclined to move out. It'll be more work, have less of the familiar things of home. A much smaller space. This place isn't too small, it has three bedrooms (= 2 other guys there already), a shared kitchen, bathroom, and big living room. But the living room's completely empty (a couch only), and most of my stuff will stay in my room, so I'll probably be spending almost all my time in my room. Overall the place suits my current situation well, cause it's really easy to move in (some furniture already there, already has phone, electric etc) and really easy to move out (again not much stuff to move, and just 2 weeks warning for the landlord, no minimum length of lease) but I really don't think I'd want to stay there for a long time. During my searching before, I got a better idea of what I'd like. This place isn't bad, but even though it's not particularly run down or dirty or whatever, it's still has that oldish-house-basement feel, maybe discoloured or patched walls, some rough edges, etc, you know what I mean.

Anyway, don't really plan on having a 'housewarming' cause it's not really my place, not particularly suitable for 'parties', and besides who'd actually come?

Oh btw this place is about 20 blocks south of where I currently am, fairly nice location but of course I didn't meet my original search criteria of being able to walk to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so guess what. It didn't happen. Should I really be surprised? On friday I met with the landlord again and finalised arrangements, and told the guy I would move in Sunday. Well this afternoon I packed (almost) everything up and loaded it in the car, and gave the guy a call at 3 pm. No answer. So I left a message to call back. Ran an errand and tried again at 4, still no answer. Tried again at 5, still no answer. So on and so forth. At 8:30 I called for the last time, left a message that it's too late to start moving now, was bringing everything back in and unpacking clothes and bedding, maybe I'll move in next weekend.

So I don't know what the hell happened, but it's a major pain in the butt. Plus, I'm a bit worried cause I signed the agreement and gave a cheque and such, but he better not consider this weekend my start date. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

4 Comments:

Blogger Silvenwolf said...

I didn't realize you'd "moved out" ... hopefully things straighten themselves out.

12:28 p.m.  
Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Wow, you have the weirdest luck with moving out. Maybe this is a sign... :) Anyways, hopefully it will all get sorted out soon. Let us know if you need any help or if you need anything (i.e. dishes).

1:36 p.m.  
Blogger ninjashowdown said...

The guy was just dumb and went out all day without calling.  So I'll move in next weekend, and that will count as the start date.  As for dishes, there's already some supplied, but I have some good sets, all just sitting under a desk in my room for several months.  Luckily these things don't go obsolete.  I might have to get cutlery sometime, though I have about 4 billion good pairs of chopsticks! (well maybe more like 4 dozen, still more than I'll ever need)

10:12 p.m.  
Blogger Silvenwolf said...

Other than the occasional item to cut up, cutlery is overrated. :)

Chopsticks are the way to go!!

12:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home