Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Another month of failure

So, I decided to move out once I got a job and therefore knew where I was working. That happened in the last week of november, and I didn't really find a place for december in that short time. But, during december I found a wonderful place for January! I took a day to think about it, and then it was too late, already taken. Big disappointment. In January, a friend said she'd move out as well and we could find a place together, so I switched to search for two bedroom places. Found one that was perfect! Relatively low rent, nice and big (in my opinion), squash courts in the building (would've had Geoff visiting all the time!), even the little kitchen was as I like it. Oh, and insanely close to my work building (like, not even have to cross a street). Then my friend decided she wasn't moving out yet, marking the second crushing disappointment. Didn't put much effort in for a while, but then looked a bit more, found a place for march, not an ideal place, but pretty good and lucky to find it since there's no time to commit to a 6 month lease anymore. Once again started looking into all the details like how I'd do phone and internet, etc, but then some other guy is also interested, and is willing to stay for a longer period of time, which is more convenient for the landlord so there goes yet another opportunity. Without moving out for march, there'll be such a short period of time left before I leave (if I get accepted to JET) that it just ain't gonna happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Well, probably for the best that you didn't move out. At least not until you know whether you got accepted to JET. Nothing worse than having to pack everything up and move twice in the same year!

2:05 p.m.  
Blogger ninjashowdown said...

Actually, since I wouldn't be needing to completely evacuate my current place since my parents are still here, I don't think the moving would be much of an event, especially if I intended it to be a short term deal.

10:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home