Monday, July 11, 2011

Jakarta

Finally figure maybe I should write something, though, not really that much to say. Headed to indonesia. Flights were alright, nothing too remarkable from what i remember, though, there were 2 coworkers for the first leg (only 1 for the second) which is quite unusual, normally I travel alone. We still weren't sitting together though, so it was close to the usual traveling alone.

From looking at Air Canada's website, I saw that not all seats are equal, it seems on this aircraft the rows nearer the front actually have an inch or two more than some rows further back, so I used that knowledge in my seat selection. Everyone wants an extra inch or two.

A boarding announcement was calling for "passengers Ha and Ho," I thought it sounded funny.

In singapore, handed over passports in the morning, tried to go out for a while, just wandered around some areas, then back to the hotel to get the passport back. Flights to jakarta were packed, so I was on a fairly late flight.

In the taxi, we hit 140 km/h. That is simply incredible for Jakarta, where typically you barely go above about 30 km/hr, and on occasion people have spent 4 hrs going from the airport to the hotel, and that was without a rainstorm or other problem.

In Jakarta, I was able to spend time with my friend from last time, which was really nice. I wasn't really planning on seeing my ex-, since of course that would be a bit uncomfortable and would not know what to say to her. But even though she didn't work there full time anymore, she was still there once a week freelance, so she heard i was around and when she was there one morning she called and we met. As expected, how do you talk to someone in that situation. Also silly, within 10 minutes i was feeling sad to say goodbye again.

Didn't really get up to much else, went to the airport a few times for work. Tried to shop for a 'jacket' for my LG Optimus One but couldn't find any, despite visiting the malls with a floor dedicated to literally hundreds of mobile phone and accessory stalls (you have to see it to believe it!)... seems LG is not too popular here, I forget if I mentioned before, but Blackberry totally dominates Indonesia. Nokia is also quite popular. Third I'd guess is Samsung.

So overall Jakarta seems about the same but of course my experience/feeling is very different from before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home