Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lost and found

You know what's a crappy feeling? Reaching the summit of a hike, and then discovering that a pocket on your backpack is open, the pocket that you put your phone and wallet in, and the wallet is no longer there.

You know what's a crappier feeling? Reaching the bottom of the hike before discovering it.

Luckily, I only experienced the first. So, I just kept my eyes open wide on the way down, prepared to backtrack over the wide/multiple paths sections, etc. Luckily, I found it only about several minutes down from the top, and could relax for the rest of the descent. It was where I suspected, where I had tripped and fallen, the jolt and strange angle must have ejected the wallet.

And no wildlife had lifted any cash from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home