Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Preparing to be robbed

I even know who the thief will be.

Insurance called to say the car is a "total loss" as the damage estimate is around $5500. To me, that implies they think the value is around that or perhaps lower.

If I search on sites like auto trader, models identical to mine tend to go around $7000 or more, and have 50000, 75000, or even 100000 more kms of wear. Even very conservatively, that means mine should be worth over $8000, realistically more than that.

Besides which there are many hours of shopping and research, as well as inspections and such when trying to purchase a vehicle, and even transport around to see those vehicles you're shopping for. Think there'll be any reimbursement for that?

I'll be sortof ok to accept them buying-out the car, as long as they pay something resembling what it would actually cost to replace with an equivalent, but I'm definitely expecting to have an argument on my hands when they tell me what some book says it should cost in fantasy-la-la-land. I also expect they won't give a damn, and I'll simply be screwed out of a few thousand bucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home