Saturday, February 05, 2011

Food and stuff

Think I chewed on a chicken head a bit. I wondered "what's this pointy bit of bone" then realized it was probably a beak. Ew. Oh well.

Starting to get quite tired of the food here. Been over 3 weeks of buffet breakfast and restaurant lunch and dinners. Doesn't seem to be that much variety. Well, there sortof is, and sortof isn't, if you know what I mean. Many choices, but all similar style. I was quite happy to find a "hong kong cafe" the other day, and then another day found something resembling italian pasta.

Most of the alley was closed on saturday night, but a couple places (happening to be the places I wanted) were open... After the late dinner, I saw a few of the people playing cards. Went over to take a look, it was Dominoes. After a couple rounds, I joined in with them. It was quite fun. don't really need the same language for that, though sometimes a couple rules are hard to understand. One guy was really animated, kept pointing at the other guy and giving the thumbs down with a frown, then bursting out laughing. Probably I can go there another evening.

I met someone named Eka. Then I met someone named Eca. Then when I tried to meet Eca in the mall, there was someone waiting but didn't quite look like Eca but noone else was there so I talked to her, and found she was Esa. Feels like someone's playing a trick on me.

Overall the days have not been too interesting recently.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that you've worked for what? 5 years or so, how many long haul trips can you make for free with all your airmiles that you've accumulated???

2:54 a.m.  
Blogger ninjashowdown said...

I think i could make one trip to europe. Still not enough to go to asia.

9:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when they all have similar (or the same) names?

As it stands a good friend of ours is called Jesper, my brother-in-law's friend is called Jesper, and I have two cousins-in-law who are also named Jesper.

Thankfully, in my case, they all speak English, however at least two of those Jespers have the same last name as I do.

-S.

10:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home