Thursday, January 20, 2011

A little more

Went to the Museum Nasional. Unfortunately, no english tours that day, so I walked around by myself. It was pretty large with some decent exhibits. I find I'm not really a museum person though. There were many school groups there. I found I'm pretty popular with Indonesian schoolgirls. Usually a group would be giggling and whispering and glancing my way, until someone got brave enough to come over and ask me if they can take a photo with me. Of course I agreed, and then they were all excited and gathered around. Actually, it felt really nice. One girl in one group spoke english, she was acting as their guide that day at the museum, though I think she was still in school. Quite friendly.

I went over to Masjid Istiqlal (mosque) afterwards. Had a nice little tour of that, even though it was during prayer time (but not friday). It's the 4th biggest mosque in the world I think, has a capacity around 200 thousand people praying (though depends who you ask, might only be 120k). Just across the street is an older Catholic cathedral.

Checked out the national monument again. This time the elevator to the top of the tower was working, but there was a crazy line-up. I realized this after buying a ticket, so I just gave it to a rather startled looking local before she could buy a ticket. There's a series of dioramas and some other interesting things like a coat of arms and declaration of independence. Got a nice friendly muslim girl swarm again, they were so excited, hard to believe I'm that special.

One morning, exchanged glances with a girl at breakfast. Next day, smiled at each other. I figured next day, were supposed to talk, but instead, she wasn't there anymore. Guess she went home, that's a bit disappointing.

Permits and visas and schedules etc seem to be delayed more.

Not much else interesting to note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home