Friday, January 14, 2011

YYC-YVR-NRT-SIN-CGK

Airport codes...

On saturday I learned that either me or my coworker should head towards indonesia on monday. We were both actually interested in going, but my coworker let me go ahead. Ended up being a bit stressful getting ready, and headed out not really knowing what was going on, and still trying to get over a cold. Maybe it wasn't the best idea. anyways...

Calgary-Vancouver not too interesting.

Vancouver-Tokyo I was lucky enough to be sitting next to a friendly Korean young woman. Firstly, I'll tell you she's married, to a guy in vancouver, though apparently this was her first time back there in a year and a half, and only stayed a week. Anyway, it's really nice to have someone to talk to on those kinds of flights. I can get lonely, especially when lacking sleep. Being an air canada flight, the entertainment system for my seat wasn't working, and the AC socket for our pair wasn't. But, since she was going to slepe much of the time, she switched seats with me. There wasn't a lot to watch, so I checked out the Expendables, which was a lot of fighting and explosions, then How to train your dragon, which was cute. Climbed out from the window seat without disturbing her, and hung out at the back of the plane a while, where a young woman was with her 9 month old son who was pretty cute and smiled a lot. Actually, there were a lot of young children on this flight but none were annoying. Maybe cause of being Japanese?

Tokyo airport was cool. I made sure to check out the toilets, oooh, heated seats :) and other automated functions. I learned a new word, "equipped with ostomate facilities." I also found that there were detailed instructions for everything in Japan.

Tokyo-Singapore I was sufficiently tired to actually sleep a little. Not much else to say about it. Was singapore airlines so I guess it was good.

Landing about 2am and reaching the hotel about 3am, I was completely exhausted, so besides giving my passport to the local guy to get an indonesian visa, I pretty much just slept the whole day. Was really happy to be able to meet up with an old friend from singapore for a short time in the evening, too bad it couldn't be longer. Went for a walk, reached "four floors of whores" and just kept walking. Easily fell asleep again for the whole night, and still didn't feel like doing much the next day. So I just walked around the botanic gardens and then packed and headed to Jakarta.

Singapore-Jakarta I took air asia, el cheapo but decent airline. In Jakarta, met a coworker and just headed to the hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home