Monday, January 31, 2011

Misc

It's not that uncommon that locals ask if I speak Indonesian. Which seems kindof strange, like "can't you tell I'm a visitor, of course I don't." But the difference is that in Indonesia, the ratio of expats to tourists is actually quite high compared to other places. Here there are a few expats and a few tourists, whereas other places have a few expats and a ton of tourists.

A few other things I've seen... I saw children playing soccer in a field with goats in it (maybe the goats were referees). I saw a woman on a motorcycle with a dozen or so chickens hanging off the handlebars and other parts, not sure if they were alive or dead. I saw someone driving a motorcycle with one hand while carrying a several-foot metal step ladder with the other hand. Adults wear helmets when on motorbikes (required by law?) but children don't need to, though it's arguably more important for them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's an expat?

Interesting facts.

11:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home