Monday, January 24, 2011

Hati Hati Busway

I used to think that was its name. But, hati hati actually just means warning.

Haven't done much since the last post. Went to walk around the old wharf area (sunda kelapa) and wanted to see a crazy fish market, but couldn't explain to the taxi driver, so just went to the general area and tried to walk. Unfortunately it was quite rainy, and some areas had such poor drainage that the roads were just flooded. I saw children actually swimming in the street. Luckily I was not stranded, but after a couple hours wandering and not really finding much interesting, I finally grabbed a taxi. Good thing, as I wouldn't have made it out on foot. In the centre of the old town there were a couple of museums, but not very impressive. Batavia cafe has old architecture and wood and such, but I didn't find it that interesting. I was adventurous and managed to take one of the few busses here to get back to the hotel.

Still been trying to plan for a few days out of town to see some things, but, I continue to be a poor planner, and end up procrastinating. But, it will be a waste if I don't do at least something while I have the opportunity. Current idea is to see Borobudur and Prambanan. Kindof like Indonesia's edition of Angkor Wat. Hard to figure out what else to do, and more importantly, how to do it.

Got to have dinner with the CEO one night. Got to have dinner with the former CEO the next night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home