Thursday, July 24, 2008

Schiznik

Steve's last day today, kindof sad, he's the person I'd least like to see leave. One of my "heroes" perhaps. Was just finishing his internship when I started, then after school he returned to intermap, as did I, then went off to japan for a year, which was my dream/goal that I came extremely close to actually doing. He was one of the few "cool" people who'd always say to the end of the christmas party, come out for a drink after work, etc. So even though I'm not in the office, it's kindof unfortunate.

Officially there was no thank you and farewell party. There were a couple confusing emails, but it turns out an official order came down from Denver that we are not to have ice cream or whatever when people leave anymore. They're trying to hide the fact that several people have recently left instead of acknowledging them and thanking them. And it's that kind of attitude throughout upper management that is somewhat representative of why people keep leaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home