Thursday, July 10, 2008

Table for one

A few things I wanted to write about over the past few days, but then didn't get around to it and now I mostly forget...

Few days ago, said farewell to coworker. Too bad work wasn't a couple days shorter or my coworker able to stay a couple days longer. It would feel so much better when you start an "adventure" together to finish together. Sure this wasn't an adventure, it's a work project, and a kindof sucky one at that, but even then you've been complaining and joking about it and can't really do that with someone new for a couple days. Anyways, contractor was okay. Scary driver though, sometimes tailgating so close I could almost reach out the window and touch the car in front. And felt kindof sick cause there was no steady speed, it was always accelerate or slow down, even when you're stuck behind someone. Didn't touch 5th gear despite going 120 (I normally went into 5th around 80-90). So I was kindof glad to finish with him.

Yesterday was doing inventory in the back of the SUV, with the hatch up acting as an umbrella from the light rain. Then it started pouring heavily, with wind so it was wetting me and the equipment, so instead of running through the rain to the hotel, I just hopped up into the back of the SUV (though it was cramped with equipment) and closed the hatch behind me. I was quite amused with the situation. The rain eased after a bit, at which point I discovered I couldn't open the hatch from inside. Was super awkward and even more amusing rolling and climbing over the equipment into the back seat. That was my fun.

Also yesterday I headed into downtown for the evening, it was kindof neat there. Found a Japanese restaurant and had some pretty good food, might have been my most expensive meal so far. Felt kindof lame by myself there. I've sat alone at restaurants far too often.

Have been getting myself stressed trying to figure out what I should do regarding returning and picking up vehicles, where to spend nights, etc. Too scatter brained to put together a plan. But I think I have one now. Guess I'll write about it after it happens/changes. Tomorrow I begin my time-off, for 5 days of... fun? lets hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home