Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What am I, an idiot?

Got a buzz at my condo about 22:45. Says he's locked his keys in his car, could I come out and do him a favour. Huh? I asked him to repeat himself, still wasn't clear so I asked what he wanted from me... overall story: supposedly from unit 206, locked his keys in his car, his wife's in banff, called a locksmith, but can't afford it cause the machine in the safeway ate his card, wants to borrow some money. Um yeah. Told him I haven't got any, just like credit card. He said something about coming out and going over to safeway. Told him I'm just not comfortable with that. No response, no "ok i understand" or "come on man!" or anything.

Wanted to go out the back door and walk inconspicuously around the block, but decided it was better just to stay inside. Listened carefully and glanced out the windows for a while to see if anyone else got buzzed or if anyone came in. Tomorrow I'll look if there's even a car in unit 206's spot, or maybe go knock on 206.

It does remind me though, when I was just moving in here, I had a plan to make cookies or something and go around and visit all the other units to introduce myself. But I never did. Maybe it would be a good idea to do so afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home