Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Medical strategies

Had some physical ailment, nothing too serious. Tried to let my body deal with it, I don't like reaching for drugs at the first sign of trouble. But it didn't go away after some days, so I went to the clinic. Dr#1 looked at symptoms and decided to give me drugs. Then, if those didn't work, I could come back and do some lab tests to see what the problem was. Well, those didn't work, so some days later I returned to the clinic. Dr#2 decided we should do the lab tests, but the lab was closed so I should come back early the next day. Next day, Dr#3 decided that lab tests take too long, so he would just give me an injection and different drugs. Well, that seems to have done the trick almost immediately. But overall this didn't seem like the best sequence of treatment.

I think my preferred course would be at the beginning, get the drugs but also do the lab test concurrently. Then if the lab tests said it was something else and the current drugs would be ineffective, then I could stop and go get the correct ones. Next time I will try to be more assertive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home