Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Pseudo-housewarming

Early last week, invited a bunch of people over for a house warming monday night. Though I actually intended it would turn out as a pseudo house warming. Back in undergrad, we spent most of our lunchtimes sitting on the floor in the hallway of 2nd floor E-block. Many people came to recognize us as always being there (haha undergrad office Nancy and her teasing). Then often when we'd gather at someone's house, we'd end up sitting on the floor more than on the sofas etc. I remember people joking that when we'd have our own places, we wouldn't even need furniture. So, I was planning on them showing up even though I had no furniture yet (though I had kitchen stuff to have food prepared for them)... Thought it would be funny. We'd eat, but then probably just go to kensington for ice cream or to a park for frisbee or walking or something. Well, only two people responded to the invite, a no and a maybe, so I just let the maybe know not to come and headed to dragonboat instead. Kindof disappointing. Pseudo-housewarming for pseudo-friends? Would've been at least nice to hear back from people if they were busy. Oh well. In a couple years of ownership, Jan's only had people over to her place once, Brad once, Patty/Greg once, Mark never, Dawn/Jared anticipated once... maybe I'll end up joining the ranks.

Once I have the place set up a bit better, I'll try again inviting some people over, for sure I can get a few closer friends to come.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sorry... I'd actually seen that post but it didn't really register in my mind.

Definetly send me an email and we'll pop on by. Maybe even play some board games or something. Or, if you can corral one more person to play, we can do mahjong again!

-Sandi ^_^

8:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home