Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sunday and Monday

Dragonboat steering again went pretty well. Jay was coaching and made me go under the Moyie's docking bridge, which actually wasn't bad. One of Jay's main tips was that I need to be louder. I'm probably the only person Jay can actually say that to! Like last week, in bed at night again I felt like I was still rocking in the boat. Discovered I had an orange sticky star on the top of my foot, don't know how that got there.

Steered Monday too since the regular guy was away. Another beautiful evening. Too focussed most of the time to interact with the paddlers, but it was definitely more fun being on a boat with several friends and other young people than on the 'parents' boat.

Shouldn't really spend so much time with dragonboat though, got other stuff (shopping!) that needs to get done. By the way Enmax has a 7c/kWH rate on right now, 5 yr contract though you can bail out any time without penalty. Seems like an amazing deal to me. (DirectEnergy wants 10.9c/kWH for 5 yr contract. Regulated rates is about 8.3c/kWH, and this is one of the lower months). Admin and other costs seem similar. I haven't looked into detail at comparing 'green' alternatives (though greenmax seems reasonable) or at natural gas prices (though they seem comparable between providers, and you always get a bonus for bundling)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time steering too. The conditions were beautiful. I think the Monday late team is pretty socialable.

Good job on the steering!

8:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home