Sunday, June 03, 2007

Arrr me hearty

We all know that pirates wear eye patches. But apparently it's not because pirates all have a certain clumsiness when it comes to sharp pointy things and their eyes. It's actually for night vision. Be in a bright place and go somewhere dark quickly, and you're blind for a couple minutes. If one eye is covered by a patch and the rods are fresh, go somewhere dark and slide the patch across to reveal your 'dark' eye, and see just fine. Cool, huh?

Also concerning pirates, a new reality series called pirate master started up. The challenge was kindof cool, had to paddle up a river, hike to a clue, paddle somewhere else, sabotage the other team, and find the treasure. But overall it didn't seem that great. But it has pirates so I'll give it another chance.

Also concerning pirates, went to the 'asian night market' at olympic plaza sat night. Well, it's canada, so not much pirated stuff. And actually, it wasn't much of a market, just a few assorted booths. (I expected more since it's a one-time event). And it wasn't even that asian, they had some guy singing in chinese when I arrived, but then the rest of the evening had some ordinary band playing which happened to have an asian person in it. But I guess there were a fair number of asians there. And it got the 'night' part right, provided you went there late enough. At least I ran into a couple small groups of people I knew and invited myself to hang out with them a while.

Went on a hike saturday. Had so many people, we split up into subgroups and changed the plans a bit, hope everyone was okay with that. Great weather and I think everyone had a good time. Though my fairly new boots were really hurting the bump thing on my right ankle, not sure why.

Dragonboat today, paddling was nice, steering the second practice was a bit hard and feel so unsteady still. Was tired after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home