Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hike numero 2

Decided to do prairie mountain as a strenuous but short one. Decided to do it as a sunset hike, I've never done one of those before. It was really nice and warm when I departed. Only saw one couple the whole time, I expected more. At the top there was snow, and it was really cold. I had a dry long sleeve t-shirt to change into out of the sweaty hiking one, but wish I had brought a touque or something more. My spare socks discovered they could be used as mittens. I took shelter from the wind behind the little clump of trees there while waiting for the sun to set. Great views, but not as amazing as it could be (weather). Took just under an hour to get up, but I think I could still do it faster.

Would have tried to have multiple people go for something longer during the day, but I went to Hana Matsuri at the japanese cultural centre. Got to meet some people, make some "happi" jokes (happi is kind of japanese attire), watch some IkeBana (one was so simple yet amazing to me), watch some Taiko drumming then play with some Taiko. It was pretty cool, maybe I should take that up, though they don't really have lessons per sei.

Tomorrow also busy, "immortal lui" festival chanting and jai then more chanting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home