Thursday, August 25, 2005

A Week Early

So I left BFMS on monday, got a trotro to Wa. The road was paved mostly, but had a section that was not and was extremely dusty, I was covered! (even inside the vehicle). Not much to do there, spent a night, then went to Wechiau. It was pretty relaxing there, went on a canoe ride for 1.5 hrs, really liked it. But other than that, there wasn't really much to do, just sit around. After getting back, I chatted with Donna from Calgary Zoo for a while, it was really pleasant. Learned that Brian Keating will be there upcoming monday, along with a few other people! That would have been so cool! But it's not really worth going back there just for that, I'm sure he'll be busy anyways. Maybe I visited Donna too long, cause suddenly it looked like there was no transport back to Wa! I was getting stressed, but eventually a truck was going that way and gave me and a couple other people a ride. Once there, I started making some bad decisions. I stayed in a nice hotel, but that means a bit expensive, and I was there for such a short time that I didn't really get to enjoy it. (never saw it in daylight). I ordered a meal that I didn't even really like, don't understand why. Left this morning at 4:00 AM on an OSA bus... it really sucked. If you were one of the 50 first people, you got a proper seat, otherwise (eg. for me) you got stuck in one of the tiny fold down things crammed beside other people, with lots of other people standing, like calgary transit is after picking up people after school. Super bumpy road, kept sliding into the crevace between the pseudo-seat and real seats, was really uncomfortable, one of the worst transit experiences so far. Anyways, now in Tamale, going up to Bolga very soon. Hope it's nice. Not much time now, so that's it! Oh yeah, saw a satellite the other day, made me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home