Tuesday, July 26, 2005

First update from BFMS

Getting to BFMS was a bit hectic, but once I got here it was really nice. So glad to drop off the huge bag, so glad to see Evelyn, so glad to rest after a few days on the move. Things are quite relaxed in the small village environment compared to the hectic cities. I'm not viewed as a fountain of tourist money or anything, and the people are therefore more genuinely friendly. It's been pretty hot, temperature and humidity are ok but the sun really drains you bad. Haven't really noticed a lot of insects, don't think I've been bitten much so far, hopefully things will stay that way.

Work is ok so far. Kindof boring actually, but that's expected. Mornings will be cutting leaves from trees, afternoons will be processing those leaves. Evenings (after dark) is free time, don't know how I will spend that free time yet, but I will find ways.

Yehudi (the research assistant prior to me) is leaving today, too bad, he was lots of fun.

So things are good, and I expect them to remain that way, but I've only been here a few days and still have several weeks to go. We will be quite busy, and might not be back in town for internet for a few weeks, so if I don't post messages, don't worry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home