Tuesday, August 09, 2005

No Satellites

Nothing much new to report, things are the same as a few days ago. My bike (the "African Champion") is still painful, though I duct taped a dishtowel to the seat to make it a little better.

Had some neat ideas on how Evelyn should have used GPS and/or satellite imagery for some stuff, I guess it shows I still have a bit of Geomatics Engineering mindset.

Another interesting thing: When I look at the sky at night, I see tons of stars, but I don't see any satellites. In Calgary I can look up and usually see a couple satellites within a few minutes. Strange. Oh, and if you think a moment you should know it has nothing to do with the lower technological development of Africa.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see geosynchronous satellites. They're everywhere. And they don't know they're geosynchronous! I suppose the geosynch ones are only visible from North America, where they beam supidity rays down on the population, but there should be plenty of non-synch (SeaWIFS?) satellites. Maybe all the ones that fly over there are sun-synchronous. Stupid sun, I hope it blows up. Predict when you can see satellites at:
http://science.nasa.gov/Realtime/JTrack/3D/JTrack3D.html

I'm remembering a bicycle chase scene from Ninja Showdown, where the main character is comically being chased by a gang on bicycles. The shoddy rustbucket barely saves him from the purple ninjas. I bet your bicycle is like that. You have to find a 'Strawberry Shortcake' or 'Rainbow Brite' basket for the front handlebars.

JD says listen to Don't Stop Believin' by Journey!

Just to scare the living fuck out of you, here's a picture of a person dressed up as rainbow brite. I'm pretty sure it's a dude. http://www.lakesideschool.org/upperschool/departments/science/Images/images/brite_jpeg.jpg

9:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mofo cut off my URLs!
http://www.lakesideschool.org/upperschool /departments/science /Images/images /brite_jpeg.jpg

9:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMMIT!

http://www.lakesideschool.org
/upperschool
/departments
/science
/Images
/images
/brite_jpeg.jpg

9:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home