Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fitness test

Did a fitness test with dragonboat teammates. The results were a bit unexpected. Overall I did better than I expected actually, but still in a weird way.

In the "beep test" which is about cardio, running, I was the third best (we all already knew the other two people would totally dominate).
In a "plank" test, which is core/abdominal, I was very good too.
The weight/muscle ones (pulldown and chest press) I did so-so, not particularly good.

The reason I say this is a bit weird, is that when I exercise, I'm always doing weights to try to build muscle. I don't do much cardio, and I don't like doing core/abs (basically never did it prior to last year, though I have done a bit more since then). So it is very strange to me that the things I do not train/practice much, I'm good at, while the things I do train/practice a lot I'm not very good at.

So what does that tell me? Is it reinforcing the idea that it's all just based on body type, and it's very hard to change anything? Or does it just mean my workouts totally miss their target?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home