Sunday, August 12, 2007

Dragonboat sunday marathon

Arrived at the container, noone else was there, I got a little concerned it was cancelled or was earlier and people were already out or something. Let myself in and started putting the paddles away from yesterday's event. Soon people started showing up. Once enough were there including people with keys, I went out to get the dragonboat. Then we had our practice. Dropped a few of us off at sistership to bring it in. I decided we should race back to dock, but their 12 or so paddlers soon pulled ahead of me and Hamid, who were left completely exhausted after about 30 strokes. Debriefed and went out to steer the next practice. Only had enough people for one boat so we had to tow sistership back out again. Then we had 26 people on the boat, I think that's a new record. After practice, found Diva Dragons only had 9 paddlers show up for their practice, they invited me to join so I decided to go out for a third practice. It was tough with just 10 people paddling, trying to do starts and race pieces and stuff. After practice, just to say I'd been part of it all, I took the boat back out (also, noone at all was volunteering to go). Back at the container afterwards, Jay and I inspected the metal stuff that is supposedly going to be a starting-line contraption. We eventually figured out a couple possibilities of how it would be assembled, though neither really seemed like good ideas. Closed the container and headed home, I was really tired. I feel sorry for people who are expected to stay for the triple practice every week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home