Monday, April 23, 2007

Bad memory

I forgot the main thing I was going to write this blog post about, so I'll just move on to the assorted additional bits.

There have been commercials, and now I've seen a billboard, for new "diamond shreddies". Instead of the old square shape, they're now diamond shape. In other words, rotated 45 degrees.

Now I feel like talking about how stupid people are. Well, I talk enough about how stupid I am. Like today after work I went jogging along the river and returned to work, then took the bus home. Why not just jog home in the first place, am I too much of a pussy to go jogging with my backpack on? Could've saved $2, that's almost half of a juice juice! Oh well, instead, I drank the juice box from my desk drawer that's been there since before it's expiry date, Nov 20 2006. Who's the pussy now?! Though I took the juice box, I managed to forgot my wallet. Anyways, about other people... Calgary's implementing mandatory curbside recycling, with a mandatory $8/month fee. I have mixed feelings about it, but I'm not here to discuss whether it's good or bad. I'm here to insult (educate) the people who complain using the argument that "other cities do it for free!" That's so retarded! Of course it's not free! Do you think the collectors are all volunteers? Do you think all the equipment and technology was all donated? Is the fuel free? It all has to be paid for somewhere. It's not free, it's simply built in to other fees and taxes rather than being explicitly stated as being a recycling fee.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Far too true. The recycling fee fiasco reminds me of the Simpson's episode where a bear wandered into town. People (Homer & mob) were so upset, they insisted Springfield implement a Bear Patrol.

Of course, they (Homer) were then upset when they realized that the stealth fighters patrolling for bears were costing them money in the form of Bear Patrol Tax.

2:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No such thing as a free lunch.
However, the feeling it is free is better than charging us directly.

What people are saying is that tax should be covering it, not that it's actually free for the service.

What's with keep on increasing our taxes when we have to pay for all the other services mandatorily anywayz? What are the taxes for? To pay them to set up a group of people to take more money from us?

1:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home