Monday, March 12, 2007

Rainy morning

Travel to a cool place with one of my best friends, shouldn't I be happy, looking forward to it, feel excited, or something? But I think if anyone at the office ask if I'm excited I'm just going to lie and say yes, it's easier that way. Well, not quite anyone, there's at least one person I'm not gonna lie to.

Feel something at least... I guess just the general kind of annoyance and frustration that always comes along with packing. And the bit of worry that things'll get stolen or something bad will happen. Why don't those feelings disappear too?

But there's always hope. Well otherwise I should just cancel the tickets and save myself the money. The biggest cost of this trip is the 'opportunity cost' of almost 3 weeks without pay. Airline ticket's less than half of that. But overall, keep telling myself that it will be good to get away for a bit, and things will be fun once I'm there.

It's raining this morning. I like the rain. Not always of course, but in general yes.

Friday evening Lanchi needed a ride to somewhere with fast internet, so I played taxi driver. Hung out at Sait for a while, I've only ever been there once, and only a few metres inside the building. It would have been fun to explore, in fact I dreamed about SAIT a few weeks ago, but Lanchi had 'work' to do, and then security wanted us to check in at the security desk with our ID cards... ummm... oops. Afterwards, dragged her to banana jaks. I used to go there lots in the good ol' days, but haven't been for a long time. Of course it's no longer banana jaks, I knew that, but it's similar. Overall didn't seem as cool though. The menu wasn't as good either. And it seemed pretty dead compared to what I remember, maybe people go earlier in the evening or another night? Anyways, overall still my kind of place, but without some people to go there with, who cares.

Don't know if I'll be posting much for the next few weeks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Maybe better than feeling excited about your trip, you should feel GRATEFUL for the opportunity to travel and see new things. Not everyone is as lucky as we are in the developed world. Many people never leave their towns, villages, cities for their entire lives.

3:27 p.m.  
Blogger Silvenwolf said...

Those feelings are natural - I have them everytime I travel somewhere. But all I do is prepare as best as I can and the rest will work itself out.

Otherwise, I do hope you enjoy your trip and have a fantastic time.

"Banana Jaks" ... is pretty dead no matter when I drive past it.

12:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new place at BJs is call "Sky"
I wonder what time you were there, but last time I went, my group gotta wait for a table for a while.

It gets more busy the later in the night it is.

Hmmm, I missed the fried ice cream but the things there aren't bad. I gotta try this "germ" drink. The fondue is good. ^^

3:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home