Friday, March 02, 2007

To Singapore! almost

Trevor came into my office and asked if I want to go to Singapore for a few days. Everything paid for. I went to check with my supervisor, but by then it was too late, someone else took the opportunity.

One of our aircraft is in Indonesia. Something on the radar broke. Every day it doesn't fly costs like $20000 (or maybe it was $40000?). Sending a person with a part is much quicker than shipping the part. So it's cheaper to get a volunteer to take it there, pay for his flight and hotel and taxi and everything. Can't get into Indonesia easily, but can get into Singapore and then pass it to someone to take the rest of the way to Indonesia.

I wanted to go, though it was very sudden. But I'm already going on a trip Mar 13. I checked with my supervisor, he didn't seem too keen on the idea of me going since I need to get some work done here. But almost immediately, someone else had taken the opportunity, so it became a moot point.

Awww would've been cool, maybe even have seen some people again.

Hope the radar breaks more often :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home