Monday, February 19, 2007

Cory birthday party

It was my cousin Cory's birthday yesterday. Went to 1410 Bier Haus. Everyone seemed to enjoy the huge selection of beers and other alcohol stuff they had (well of course not quite everyone). I generally don't fit in too well with that group, but at least Dean was around this time who I really enjoy chatting to. He joined Cory to came to our place at christmas several years ago when his family was out of town. He was recently in Costa Rica, so we chatted about that a bit. I noticed there were 5 people wearing glasses there, and they were all thick plastic rimmed ones which I thought was pretty unusual. Someone joked about us being the geeky ones, but in fact most people there would be considered geeks, and some of them pretty proud of it.

I found it pretty ironic that now I can go to the bar to escape the stink of cigarettes for a while, rather than the opposite. Yeah I need to get the hell outta here, regardless of what my mid-long term plans end up being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home