Thursday, August 10, 2006

Yellow fever

After seeing the Yellow fever WongFu production and observing the phenomenon everywhere (like most of you reading this, all the couples I saw at a bbq monday, and how my university friends used to be) I was wondering why I'm not doing so well qualifying as an example. I started thinking of what it would take to thoroughly de-asianify myself. (yeah, some of these are a stretch)

. No more chanting at a temple sunday mornings
. No more Tai Chi
. Possibly even quit dragonboat (though that's changed a lot over the years)
. Stop having rice for lunch EVERY work day
. Reduce instant noodles consumption
. Reduce use of chopsticks, use more awkwardly, accept racist waiters offers of forks
. Less po-lay (pu-erh) and green teas
. Stop making oriental food for all potlucks
. Drive less of a rice car (definitely no big 'R' (or these days "S") on the back allowed)
. No chinese thing hanging from mirror
. Stop listening to "FM gau saap sei dim chaat"
. Stop choosing SE asia for every vacation I organize
. Don't decorate with stuff from chinatown and asian vacations
. Stop still living with parents in late 20s
. Make sure noone ever again has an excuse to ask "Scott, I don't want this to sound bad, but am I your only white friend?!"

Anyways, on another topic, speaking of WongFu productions that I mentioned earlier, they're actually talented (not just some crap that's shown up on the internet) and I suggest checking out some of their other shorts and music videos. (start at www.wongfuproductions.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home