Saturday, July 29, 2006

Two crazy ideas

Here are two ideas that I have that will probably shock you to know that I am seriously considering:

1) Motorbike
A couple people I know are actually selling their motorbikes. I'm considering buying one. One guy is selling it simply because he's had it for a year: He specifically decided that he would have a motorbike for a year only, have some fun but not do it long-term. I'm thinking of doing the same sort of thing. The main concern is the initial start up cost for a motorbike, you can easily spend a lot getting a decent helmet, gloves, jacket, etc.

2) Mohawk
I'm thinking of bringing back the beard, and when it is well underway, shaving parts of my head to have some kind of mohawk. I think it's funny for one thing, but would also be interesting to see how differently people would interact with me. That's both for people I know, and for new people I meet. The main concern is if it would cause any problem for work. Although I think my manager has an earring, if he says anything about it being improper, I'll say something like "yes I should have perhaps done something much more civilized like punch a hole in my head and stick a piece of metal through it." See how he likes that!

Admittedly probably I won't go through with either of these ideas, but just maybe...

2 Comments:

Blogger ninjashowdown said...

The real reason the mohawk won't happen is that, as pointless as it may be, I'll always be trying to look my best for some girl or another.

11:51 p.m.  
Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

I'd say definitely NO to the mohawk. The motorbike could be a lot of fun (Geoff would agree with that for sure).

1:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home